- If you have a concern about your clinical care do please discuss it with your clinician, or, if your concern relates to another aspect of our service, please discuss it with the member of staff with whom you are communicating.
The ME Trust seeks to provide the highest quality service at all times. If you have a complaint or concern about our organisation, we want to hear about it so that we can put things right and, by using complaints and concerns constructively, learn from mistakes to improve the way we work. We will deal with complaints and concerns fairly, effectively and in a timely manner. We treat all complaints in confidence, your identity being revealed on a need to
know basis only.
If you would like to express concern about some aspect of our work, or make suggestions for improvement, without going through the formal complaints’ procedure, please contact our Clinical Governance Lead via [email protected] or leave a message on 02037780503.
- If you wish to make a formal complaint please contact The ME Trust via telephone, in writing or by email using the same details as shown above.
When a formal complaint is received the full details will be recorded in the Complaint Log.
The ME Trust will make a written record of the complaint and provide you with a copy.
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent within 2 working days. The Complaints Manager will investigate the facts, and aim to respond to you within 20 days
If the complaint has any safeguarding aspects, this will be dealt with by The ME Trust Safeguarding Lead and should also be reported to the local Adult Social Care team.
Where it is not possible for a complaint to be resolved within 20 days, as may the case in a more complex situation, a clear explanation of progress and further action will be given in writing, by email or post.
If you feel the issue has not been fully addressed by this procedure, depending on the nature of your complaint, you can pursue the matter further as follows:
- If the complaint relates to our clinical services, you can contact the Care Quality Commission (CQC) at https://www.cqc.org.uk
- If the complaint relates to our fundraising activities, you can contact the Fundraising Regulator at 2nd floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH, or online at https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk
- If the complaint relates to the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk
- For other matters, you can contact the Charity Commission at 1 Drummond Gate, Pimlico, London SW1V 2QQ, or online at https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-charity
All complaints are recorded in the Complaint log, with summaries of actions taken, for the purpose of review. Records are kept of letters, telephone calls and visits for governance and quality assurance purposes. The conclusions from the investigation and lessons learned will be used to improve service design and delivery, as well as for education.
Please contact us if you would like a copy of our Complaints Policy.