Corona virus COVID-19 Update for The ME Trust Clinic
The situation regarding Coronavirus is an ever changing one and we are monitoring the local and national advice, as it affects our service.
In practical terms, for staff, patients and those who accompany them, this means:
1. Please do not come to the clinic if you have any of the following symptoms: Cough, Sore throat, Fever, Runny Nose, Breathing Difficulties. NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service to advise in these circumstances.
Travel within the last 14 days to a risk area, or contact with a known case of coronavirus, would also be reasons not to attend.
2. Crowborough Hospital is a small community hospital with very few people attending the outpatient area where The ME Trust clinic is held. The ME Trust is in touch with them for updates on any news or changes relevant to our Outpatient Clinic.
3. Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Clinical Governance Lead
View our recent posts
Support The ME Trust
You are the reason we can provide vital services to people with ME. Donate today and help us bring hope and transformational care to all affected by ME/CFS.